Hawaiian Seafood Kabobs
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green onion pieces||24 (1 1/2 Inches Each)|
|Prawns||24 , shelled, leave tails on|
|Halibut||3⁄4 Pound, cut in 1-inch cubes|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required For Deep Frying)|
|Cucumber||1 , cut into boats (As Required)|
|Pineapple barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1. In a wet bamboo skewer, thread two of each of pineapple chunks, green onion pieces, prawns, and halibut cubes.
2. In a bowl, beat egg whites with salt and monosodium glutamate until foamy.
3. Dip the skewers in flour and then dip in beaten egg whites.
4. In a wok, heat oil until the temp is 375 F.
5. Deep fry the skewer until lightly browned.
6. Remove the skewers and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve the fried steak in Cucumber Boats with Pineapple Barbecue Sauce.