Savannah Sweet Potato Pie
|9 inch pie shell||1|
|Sweet potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled, cooked, and sliced|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In the pie shell, arrange the sliced sweet potatoes and cover with the hot rhubarb sauce.
3) In a saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch together.
4) Gradually stir in the milk, blend well.
5) Then stir in the salt, margarine, nutmeg and ginger, allow to simmer until thick and smooth.
6) Pour this mixture over the sweet potato-rhubarb mixture in the pie shell and top with the pecan halves.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for another 10 minutes.
8) Slice and serve warm on individual serving plates with the vanilla ice cream.