Southern Yam Casserole
|Yams||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and mashed|
|Yams||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, mashed|
|Low sodium low fat milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fructose||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the yams, milk, orange juice, orange peel, nutmeg and fructose. Mix well.
3) To this, add the beaten eggs. Mix again.
4) Into a casserole, transfer the mixture.
5) Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
6) Serve hot with rice or crusty bread.