Country Style Beef Stew
|Stewing beef||2 Pound, cut in 3/4-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Potatoes||6 , cut in eighths|
|Whole onions||6 Small|
|Carrots||5 , thinly sliced|
|Celery||1 , diced|
|Celery stalk||1 , diced|
1. Prepare the meat by dusting it with flour and pepper.
2. In large skillet in 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) of hot oil over medium heat brown half of the meat and remove from skillet.
3. Repeat with remaining oil and meat and transfer to 12-cup (3 liter) casserole.
4. To the skillet add stock, deglaze by stirring up brown bits and pour it over the meat.
5. Then stir in chopped onion, vinegar, tomato paste (if using), Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic and bay leaf.
6. Right on top of the mixture cover setting a microwaveable plate to keep meat immersed in liquid during cooking.
7. Cover with lid and microwave at High for 5 minutes.
8. Then reduce heat to Medium (50%) and microwave, covered for 40 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
9. Remove plate and bay leaf and stir in potatoes, small onions, carrots and celery.
10. Microwave with cover at Medium (70%) for 35 to 40 minutes until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring halfway through.
11. Let it stand covered, for 10 minutes and serve hot.