Neapolitan Charlotte Russe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||4 Cup (64 tbs), whipped|
|Chocolate syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ladyfingers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take 1/2 cup water and dissolve gelatin in it.
2) Combine together sugar, milk and eggs. Mix well.
3) Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to turn thick, stirring constantly.
4) Add gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved.
5) Cool until partially set.
6) Fold in whipped cream.
7) Divide the mixture into 3 parts and set 1 part aside.
8) Add chocolate syrup to the second part. Add food coloring and cherries to the third part.
9) Line the mold with ladyfingers and pour each part separately into the mold, forming 3 layers.
10) Refrigerate until set.
11) Serve Neapolitan Charlotte Russe with whipped cream, if desired.