|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Crumbled macaroons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and beat egg yolks in it until thick and frothy.
2) Gradually add sugar and blend thoroughly.
3) Stir in milk until mixture turns slightly thick, stirring constantly.
4) Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup water. Cool.
5) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6) Add vanilla to the gelatin mixture and fold in egg whites.
7) Fold whipped cream into egg white mixture.
8) Refrigerate until partially set. Stir in macaroons.
9) Cover and refrigerate again until set.
10) Serve Charlotte Supreme with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.