|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Crumbled macaroons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and beat egg yolks in it until thick and frothy.
2) Gradually add sugar and blend thoroughly.
3) Stir in milk until mixture turns slightly thick, stirring constantly.
4) Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup water. Cool.
5) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6) Add vanilla to the gelatin mixture and fold in egg whites.
7) Fold whipped cream into egg white mixture.
8) Refrigerate until partially set. Stir in macaroons.
9) Cover and refrigerate again until set.
10) Serve Charlotte Supreme with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g111.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259 mg86.3%
Sodium 272.9 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.9% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet