Southern Pecan Pie
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), roughly chopped|
|9 inch pie pastry||1 (unbaked)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, beat eggs along with sugar, corn syrup and melted butter to a light and fluffy consistency.
3) Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
4) Bake for about 50 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre of the pie. If it comes out clean it is cooked thoroughly.
5) Allow the Southern Pecan Pie to cool down.
6) Serve the pecan pie at room tempearture.