Southern Pecan Pie
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), roughly chopped|
|9 inch pie pastry||1 (unbaked)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, beat eggs along with sugar, corn syrup and melted butter to a light and fluffy consistency.
3) Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
4) Bake for about 50 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre of the pie. If it comes out clean it is cooked thoroughly.
5) Allow the Southern Pecan Pie to cool down.
6) Serve the pecan pie at room tempearture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2969 Calories from Fat 1290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.1%
Saturated Fat 50 g249.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 793.8 mg264.6%
Sodium 1082.7 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 413 g137.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.4%
Sugars 226.3 g
Protein 30 g59.9%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet