|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cold)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Bourbon whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Lady fingers||33 Ounce, split (3 Packages)|
1) In cold water, soak gelatin for a few minutes.
2) Dissolve, by heating over hot water.
3) In a bowl, beat egg yolks until they turn pale yellow.
4) Slowly add whiskey, beating constantly.
5) To this mix, add sugar and lemon juice, beating well.
6) To this, blend in the dissolved gelatin. Chill this mixture briefly.
7) Into this chilled mixture, fold in the whipped cream.
8) Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
9) Into the gelatin and whipped cream mixture, mix in the beaten egg whites.
10) With split lady fingers, line the bottom and sides of a 12-inch spring form pan, round side out.
11) Into the lined pan, pour the mixture.
12) When the pan is half full, arrange another layer of split lady fingers on top.
13) Put more mixture, and when the pan is full, decorate the top with lady fingers.
14) Chill overnight or longer, as required. You can also add Maraschino cherries on top, if desired.
15) Serve chilled along with vanilla ice cream on top.
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg53.7%
Sodium 57.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 10% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet