Broiled Hawaiian Fish Fillets
|Firm white fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced (For Garnish)|
1. In a non metallic bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade and stir well to blend.
2. Place the fish in a shallow non metallic dish and pour the sauce over it.
3. Turn to coat the other side.
4. Cover dish and let fish marinate for 20 minutes or more, turning once or twice to keep the fish coated with the sauce.
5. Preheat the broiler.
6. Drain the fish from the sauce, reserving it to baste the fish while cooking.
7. Arrange the fish in a broiler pan, in a single layer.
8. Spoon a little of the marinade on top.
9. Place under broiler, 5â€“inches from source of heat.
10. Broil the fish for 10 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade halfway through cooking.
11. Serve the fish garnished with parsley and accompany by a fresh green salad or sautÃ©ed vegetables on the side.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 1351.6 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet