Strawberry Charlotte Russe
|Double lady fingers||8 , split|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
1) Take an 8-inch spring-form mold pan and place a 3-inch strip of waxed paper around it.
2) Arrange ladyfingers around edge of pan inside the waxed paper.
3) Combine gelatin with 2 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved.
4) Add lemon juice, strawberries, salt and sugar.
5) Chill the mixture until it reaches the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
6) Fold in whipped cream.
7) Spoon mixture carefully into the ladyfinger-lined pan.
8) Chill for a minimum of 5 hours.
9) Unmold and serve on a large plate.
10) Garnish with additional cream and whole strawberries.