Tennessee Fried Catfish
|Catfish/Other fish||6 , skinned pan pressed (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash the fish fillets.
2. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
3. Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
4. In a shallow dish, combine egg and milk.
5. Beat lightly with a fork until well blended.
6. Spread the cornmeal on a plate.
7. To bread each fish fillet dip first in egg, allowing excess to drip back into the dish.
8. Place in cornmeal and coat on both sides, lightly pressing so that the meal sticks to the fish in an even layer.
9. Shake off the excess.
10. Keep crumbed fillets in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
11. In a deep frying pan, heat 1/8 inch fat.
12. When fat is hot but not smoking, slide the fish fillets into the pan.
13. Fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden brown.
14. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
15. Serve hot accompanied by lemon, and tomato sauce or mayonnaise sauce if you like.