Spicy Southwestern Omelette
|Unsalted butter||5 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno||1 , peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|Fresh ears of corn/1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted||2 , kernels removed|
|Finely chopped cilantro||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Heat a 10-inch nonstick omelette pan over medium heat, melt 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter and sautÃ© jalapeno along with a dash of salt stirring often, until it is soft.
2. Then add the corn and cilantro, saute stirring often, 2 minutes longer, remove the vegetables from the heat and set them aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and the egg whites together very well and add the water, a dash of salt, and the pepper.
4. Heat the pan again over medium heat and swirl the remaining 3 1/2 teaspoons butter around the pan.
5. Add the eggs, cover the pan and allow the eggs to cook until they are almost set but still a bit runny.
6. Let the eggs to run onto the hot pan by lifting the sides of the omelette often.
7. Over one side of the omelette, add the sauteed vegetables and the cheese, reduce the heat slightly and fold the unfilled side of the omelette over the filled side.
8. Let the eggs cook until they are done and the cheese has melted.
9. Cut the omelette in half and serve immediately.
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.1 mg64.7%
Sodium 347.3 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet