|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Canned plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and chopped, reserve the liquid|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Heat the oil in a 1 ½-quart saucepan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© till the onion has tendered.
3) Add the mushrooms, green pepper and celery. Saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes as well as the reserved liquid along with the broth and bay leaf.
5) Cover the pan and gently simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes, occasionally stirring.
6) Add the salt, pepper and parsley and stir well.
7) Serve as preferred after removing the bay leaf.