Retried Beans Monterey
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon, seeded and chopped|
|Cilantro/Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Chinese Parsley)|
|Canned red kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained, mashed|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|6 inch flour tortillas/Corn tortillas||2 , heated and cut into 6 wedges each|
1.Take a 9 inch nonstick skillet and heat some oil in it.
2.Add in onion, cilantro, pepper and garlic.
3. Saute over medium to high heat and stir well for 1 to 2 minutes.
4.Add in the beans and continue to cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is heated through.
5.Take a 1 1/2 quart shallow flameproof casserole and spray with cooking spray.
6. Layer the bean mixture in the casserole.
7. Top with a layer of cheese.
8. Broil cheese for a1 minute until cheese melts .
9. Serve each portion of casserole with 3 wedges each of tortillas.