Southern Corn Bread
|Self rising white cornmeal mix||1⁄2 Ounce (Uncooked)|
|Instant nonfat dry milk powder||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar substitute||1 Gram (To Equal 2 Teaspoons Sugar)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1/2 cup water|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Beating The Egg)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
2) In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients together, stir in the beaten egg until the dry ingredients are moistened.
3) In a 1-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, spread the mixture at the bottom.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
5) Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
6) Slice and serve warm on a serving platter.
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.2 mg18.4%
Sodium 218.9 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.95%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.76%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet