Cold Oven Popovers
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Sifted)|
1) With a fork, beat the egg whites lightly.
2) Combine egg with the oil, margarine and milk.
3) In a mixing bowl, place the flour and salt.
4) Gradually add liquids, beating with an electric mixer until well blended.
5) Then mix on high speed for a minute or two.
6) Meanwhile, thoroughly oil 12 large or 18 medium custard cups.
7) Fill each 1/2 full of batter and place in a cold oven.
8) Turn oven on to 400Â°F and leave popovers in for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done.
9) Top with any seasoning of your choice and serve.