South American Chicken
|Chicken breast halves||4 (Broiler Fryer)|
|Lemon||1 , cut in half|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , cut in to chunks|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in chunks|
|Chopped cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), warmed|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Bananas||2 , cut in to chunks (Preferably Firm)|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut in wedges|
1) Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and let it sit for a while as oil heats.
2) In a large Dutch oven, place olive oil and heat over medium high temperature.
3) Add chicken, skin side down, and cook for about 6 minutes until brown.
4) Turn chicken and reduce heat to medium.
5) Place onion and green pepper on top of chicken and cook for about more 10 minutes.
6) Place chicken on top of vegetables and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cilantro.
7) Pour chicken broth and wine over it and simmer.
8) Uncovered and cook for about 10 minutes.
9) Add pineapple, bananas and tomatoes and heat through for about 5 minutes.
10) Serve hot with rice.