Southwestern Oven Fried Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken drumsticks||4 , skinned|
|Broiler fryer chicken thighs||4 , skinned|
|White bread slice||3 , torn in small pieces|
|Yellow cornmeal||2 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Egg white||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. In food processor container, process bread, cilantro, cornmeal, pine nuts, garlic, cumin, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, cayenne pepper and ground cloves to form fine crumbs.
2. Mix in egg white until moist.
3. On a large shallow plate, place mixture and set aside.
4. In small bowl, mix together mustard, water and honey and brush evenly over chicken.
5. With pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, sprinkle over the chicken.
6. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, in breadcrumb mixture and press gently to let the chicken get coated thinly.
7. On a rack in greased jellyroll pan place chicken and bake in 400Â°F oven for about 40 minutes such that chicken is crisp and brown and fork can be inserted with ease.
8. Serve hot with garnish as desired.