Creole Pork and Beans
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pork and beans||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at (425° F.)
2. In a pan saute bacon until crisp.
3. Remove from pan and break into small pieces.
4. Drain off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
5. Place onion, green pepper and celery in bacon drippings and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, salt and bacon.
7. In a casserole place a layer of pork and beans.
8. Add a layer of vegetable and bacon mixture, then another layer of pork and beans.
9. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake in the preheated hot oven for 30 minutes.
11. Serve with garnish as desired.