All American Mustard Sauce
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small saucepan, combine together the sugar, oregano, thyme, pepper, cornstarch, cayenne and salt.
2) Stir in just enough vinegar to make a smooth paste.
3) Combine together the ketchup, molasses, mustard, oil and the remaining vinegar and add the mixture to the paste.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, constantly stirring.
5) Reduce the heat and gently simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Keep frequently stirring.
6) Serve as preferred.