Everyday Cioppino Fish Stew
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Anchovy fillet||2 Ounce, drained (Flat, 1 Tin)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Bay leaf||1 (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Celery ribs||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Good Quality)|
|Chicken stock||16 Ounce (1 Container, Paper Container Or Canned)|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (Chunky Style)|
|Thyme sprig||4 , stripped|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cod||2 Pound, cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Ground pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Shrimps||8 Large, peeled and deveined|
|Mussel||20 , scrubbed|
|Bread loaf||1 (For Mopping)|
1) Chop celery and onion (can be chopped while cooking anchovies).
2) In a large pot, combine anchovies, may leaf, garlic, pepper and oil.
3) Let the anchovies melt in the oil and it will act as natural salt.
4) Let it break up into pepper infused oil and make the flavor extra hot.
5) In the pot add chopped celery and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until soften.
6) Add wine and cook for 1 minute on reduced flame.
7) Add tomatoes, thyme, chicken stock and parsley.
8) Let the sauce bubbles and cookon low heat.
9) Season fish pieces with salt and pepper and add to the sauce.
10) Simmer the fish and sauce for 5 minutes while shaking the pot once or twice.
11) Cover the pot after adding shrimps, mussels and scallops.
12) Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes while shaking the pot in bwetween.
13) Remove the lid and discard the mussels that are not opened.
14) Serve the fish stew as main dish.