Southern Raised Biscuits
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3) Dissolve the yeast in the slightly warmed buttermilk.
4) Combine the dry ingredients and oil with the dissolved yeast in the buttermilk, stirring lightly and quickly until mixed.
5) Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead gently for about 20 to 30 times.
6) Roll out or pat to a 1/4-inch thickness.
7) With a floured 1-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough.
8) Brush each biscuit with oil.
9) On an ungreased baking sheet, place a biscuit on top of each biscuit.
10) Cover and let rise in a warm place (about 85Â°F) for about 2 hours.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
12) Transfer to a serving platter and serve with tea or coffee.