Boston Brown Bread
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a saucepan, cover raisins with water and bring to a boil.
3) Set aside to cool.
4) Cream the margarine and sugar.
5) Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
6) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
7) Alternately add the raisins and the flour mixture to the liquid.
8) Mix in the nuts.
9) Oil four 1-pound coffee cans and divide the batter among them, each 1/2 full.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
11) Turn out on a rack to cool before serving.