Beef Stew And Bowties
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Beef chuck||3 Pound, cut into 1" cubes|
|Beef chuck||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||6 Small, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|White onions||6 Small|
|Tomatoes||2 , cut in wedges|
|Catelli bows||1 1⁄2 Dozen (Large Ones)|
1) In a Dutch oven, place salt pork over medium heat.
2) Fry beef in the hot fat, stirring occasionally, until meat is well browned.
3) Take the meat off and keep aside.
4) To the same oven, add onion, green pepper and celery and saute until tender, for about 8 minutes.
5) Now, return beef to pan.
6) Add water, beef broth, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
7) Bring this mixture to boil.
8) Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
9) To this, add potatoes, carrots, onions and turnip.
10) Simmer again, covered, for an hour or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
11) Remove from heat and skim fat from the liquid.
12) Meanwhile, mix water and flour.
13) Stir this mixture in the stew and cook until thickened.
14) Arrange tomato wedges skin side up on top of the stew and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
15) Cook bows according to package directions. Drain well.
16) Serve hot stew with bowties, as a complete meal.