Classic Creole Halibut
|Halibut||1 1⁄2 Pound (Curry Powder - 1 Teaspoon)|
|Halibut steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, stewed (1 Can)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
|Lemon wedges||2 (Or As Required)|
1) In greased 2-quart utility dish, arrange the halibut and keep aside.
2) In 1-quart casserole, mix the onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and butter together.
3) Cook in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes until green pepper and celery are tender, stirring halfway.
4) Stir in the seasonings, tomatoes and mushrooms then pour over the fish.
5) Cook in the microwave for 7 to 8 minutes or until fish is flakey.
6) Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon wedges and serve immediately.