Apricot And Orange Roulade
|Dried apricots||9 Ounce (250 Gram Packets, Ready To Eat)|
|Orange||1 , finely grated rind and juiced|
|Eggs||4 Medium, separated|
|Ground almonds||3 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Apricot conserve/Jam||6 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 before baking.
2) Line the base of a 12" x 8" (30 x 20 cm) Swiss roll tin.
3) In a food processor, puree apricots, half of orange rind and orange juice until smooth.
4) Whip egg yolks and almonds together until they become pale in color.
5) Mix this with the apricot mixture.
6) Beat egg whites until they reach a stiff stage.
7) Stir this into the apricot mixture.
8) Pour the apricot mixture into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven until firm to touch.
9) Take off the roulade from oven and keep aside in the tin to cool for 5 minutes.
10) Dredge a sheet of greaseproof paper with icing sugar and unmold the roulade onto it.
11) Take off the lining paper and then cover the roulade with a slightly damp cloth.
12) Keep aside to cool.
13) Combine apricot conserve or jam with the remaining orange rind and apply this over the cooled roulade.
14) Lightly roll it up using the greaseproof paper.
15) Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and mark a criss-cross pattern on its top using a hot skewer.
16) Slice into rounds and serve.