Chile Con Carne
|Ground beef||1 Pound, separated in chunks|
|Onion||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||32 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 16 Oz Each)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Heat a medium skillet over a high flame and sauté the beef until browned.
2. Drain off the fat.
3. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot combine beef, onion, beans, sauces, seasonings and spices
4. Stir to mix well
5. Cover the pot with its lid
6. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until hot and bubbly and meat is cooked.
7. Serve beans hot over rice, with potaotes, or use as a filling for tacos, burritos or as a topping for Sloppy Joes