|Canned fat free chicken broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce, divided (1 Can, Health Valley)|
|Long grain brown rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Finely chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, over high heat, allow 1 1/2 cups of broth to come to a boil.
2) Stir in rice and then lower heat, covering the saucepan so that rice bubbles gently.
3) Simmer for 50 minutes until rice becomes soft and absorbs liquid.
4) In the meantime, in a small skillet, over medium high heat, heat 1-2 tablespoons broth and sauté green pepper and celery in it for 5-7 minutes until softened.
5) Mix sautéed green pepper and celery, drained pineapple, honey, vinegar and white pepper with rice and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat.
6) Take off from heat and add in green onions.
7) Serve at once.