Cajun Chicken Pieces With Apricot Sauce
|Whole chicken breast||4 Pound, boned and skinned (4 Breast, 1 Pound Each)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallion whites||6 , chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Fresh tarragon/2 teaspoons dried tarragons, finely crumbled||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Salt||To Taste (As Required)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|For tomato chili sauce|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Sticks)|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded, and chopped (6 Tomatoes)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tarragon||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Preparing Apricot Mustard Sauce
1. In a small saucepan, against low heat, cook the preserves, mustard, and stock together, use should be stirring constantly until the preserves get completely melted.
2. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
3. Take a small bowl and place peppers, thyme, garlic powder, and salt in it.
4. Mix them properly.
5. Sprinkle the chicken with the spice mixture and let stand for 30 minutes.
6. In a sauté pan or heavy skillet, melt the butter with the oil.
7. Add the chicken and sauté just until it is done, for nearly 3 minutes.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on a paper towel.
9. Serve the chicken with apricot mustard sauce on the side of the plate.
Calories 1072 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.5%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g119%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 466.4 mg155.5%
Sodium 716.8 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 118 g236%
Vitamin A 93.1% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 57.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet