Easy Apple Dessert
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Apples||6 Cup (96 tbs), sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry unseasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
1. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the cardamom.
2. Stir in the apple slices and lemon juice.
3. In a 2-quart casserole, spoon the apple mixture and keep aside.
4. In a small bowl, place the butter.
5. Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds at High to melt.
6. Add the bread crumbs and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and stir them in.
7. Sprkinle the mixture over the apples.
8. In the microwave, cook for 10 to 14 minutes at High, until the apples in the centre are soft.
9. Let it stand for at least 2 minutes before serving.