Old Fashioned Beef Stew
|Stew beef||1 Pound|
|Carrots||4 Medium, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut in eights|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry red wine/3/4 cup beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned whole onions||16 Ounce, boiled, drained (1 Jar)|
1) In a casserole, cook the beef in the microwave for 5 1/2 minutes, or until the beef changes colour.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients, except the onions, cornstarch and water, then cover and cook in the microwave for 30 minutes.
3) Stir in the onions and cook for 6 minutes or until the vegetables and beef are tender.
4) Mix the cornstarch in water, then stir into the stew and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
5) Remove and discard the bay leaf and stir before serving.
6) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.