Williamsburg Spoon Bread
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small (2-cup) microwave proof measuring cup heat milk in the microwave on HIGH power for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
2. In a medium (2-quart) microwaveable casserole or baking dish, combine water, corn meal, butter, sugar and salt.
3. Cook at HIGH for 3 minutes until mixture is thick like mush, stir after every minute.
4. Add eggs, milk and baking powder and blend well into the cornmeal mixture.
5. Cook at HIGH for about 7 to 7 ½ minutes until puffed and set.
6. Let the bread stand for 5 minutes.
7. Spoon the bread from the dish, serving it warm
8. Accompany the bread with butter and maple syrup if you like.
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.9 mg59%
Sodium 684.3 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet