Hawaiian Chicken Salad
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||3 Large, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄4 , cut into wedges|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄4 , cut into 1 inch wedges|
|Cooked boned cubed chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooked cubed chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), boned|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Use a food processor to make this salad in a jiffy. Position Disc in Bowl with slicing side up
2. Add the walnuts and roughly chop walnuts. Empty them into a salad bowl.
3. Slice celery and add to nuts.
4. Shred the lettuce and add to the salad bowl.
5. Add 11/2 cups of cubed chicken to the food processor bowl and roughly chop, pulsing 3 to 4 times in short bursts.
6. Tip into the salad bowl and repeat with remaining chicken.
7. To the mayonnaise add salt and pepper. Lightly whisk until smooth.
8. Add pineapple to the bowl and pour mayonnaise over the ingredients.
9. Shake the bowl well to toss the salad and mix everything.
10. Serve salad straight for the bowl or on individual plates.
Calories 803 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.8 mg79.6%
Sodium 942.7 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 71 g142.8%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet