Best Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mild chili peppers/Cubanelle italian peppers||2 (Long Red / Green Variety)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon, once around the pan|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mild / Medium)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
2. In a small covered pot Bring 2 cups vegetable broth and butter to a boil.
3. Adding rice reduce heat to low and cook for about 18 to 20 minutes such that rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
4. Splitting peppers lengthwise remove seeds, leaving stems intact.
5. On hot grill pan grill peppers for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
6. Remove from grill and let them cool.
7. In a medium skillet over moderate heat, saute onion in olive oil for 2 or 3 minutes.
8. To the pan add cooked rice, stir in peas and taco sauce and season with salt and pepper.
9. With seasoned rice load up pepper halves, place on serving dish and top with chopped cilantro or parsley and scallions.
10. To serve on serving plates pile any extra rice, nesting the stuffed peppers within.