Creole Crab Slather
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 , finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Lump crabmeat||8 Ounce, picked over for shell and cartilage (Fresh)|
|Chopped fresh thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over low heat.
2) Add the shallots and garlic.
3) Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in the allspice, cardamom, and cayenne pepper.
5) To this, add the crabmeat, thyme, and parsley.
6) Mix well, breaking up the crab slightly.
7) Add the wine.
8) Cook over medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced, about 8 minutes.
9) Remove to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
10) Season with salt. Cover and chill until ready to use.