Crab Meat Maryland
|Flaked crab meat||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen / Canned)|
|Flaked crab meat||3 Cup (48 tbs), fresh, frozen or canned|
|Minced onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Green pepper||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Minced green pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Pimiento||1 , minced|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Bread slice||2 , toasted lightly and reduced to crumbs|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Thaw or drain crab meat if it is canned or frozen.
3) In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
4) In hot oil, saute onion until transparent.
5) To this, add the flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
6) Pour in milk and cook over low heat until the sauce is thickened.
7) Add the celery salt, orange peel, parsley, pepper, pimiento and Tabasco sauce.
8) Remove from heat and add the sherry.
9) Into the beaten egg, stir some of the sauce.
10) Then pour the egg mixture slowly into the sauce, stirring constantly.
11) To this, add pepper and crab meat.
12) Transfer to 8 greased individual casseroles or shells.
13) Mix 1 tablespoon oil with toasted bread crumbs and salt and add on the shells.
14) Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
15) Serve hot with tartar sauce.