Salads Daniel Boulud's Maine Crab Salad With Mint/Coriander Dressing
|Fresh maine crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||8 Drop|
|Firm ripe mango||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice to make 2 cups|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice to make 1 cup|
|Crushed roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon, unsalted|
1) Reserve 4 mint and coriander leaves for garnish and finely chop the rest.
2) In a bowl, mix crabmeat with half lime juice, half oil, two-thirds of chopped herbs, 4 drops of hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixture.
3) Place at the bottom of a glass bowl.
4) In another bowl, add mango and cucumber with remaining lime juice, oil, chopped herbs, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Toss the mixture.
5) Arrange mixture evenly on top of crabmeat.
6) Sprinkle peanuts and garnish whole herb leaves.
7) Serve chilled.
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 267.5 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 85.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet