Salads Daniel Boulud's Maine Crab Salad With Mint/Coriander Dressing
|Fresh maine crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||8 Drop|
|Firm ripe mango||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice to make 2 cups|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice to make 1 cup|
|Crushed roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon, unsalted|
1) Reserve 4 mint and coriander leaves for garnish and finely chop the rest.
2) In a bowl, mix crabmeat with half lime juice, half oil, two-thirds of chopped herbs, 4 drops of hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixture.
3) Place at the bottom of a glass bowl.
4) In another bowl, add mango and cucumber with remaining lime juice, oil, chopped herbs, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Toss the mixture.
5) Arrange mixture evenly on top of crabmeat.
6) Sprinkle peanuts and garnish whole herb leaves.
7) Serve chilled.