Microwave Chicken Okra Brunswick Stew
|Chicken pieces||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Frozen succotash||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen sliced okra||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
1) In a casserole dish, combine chicken, water, peppercorns and bay leaves. Mix well.
2) Cook covered on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook again, covered, on medium power for 30 minutes or until the chicken turns tender.
4) Strain and return the broth to dish. To this, add tomatoes, onion, succotash, okra and salt.
5) Cook covered on medium power for 15 to 17 minutes, stirring once.
6) Parallelly, remove chicken from bone.
7) Add the chicken to the stew and heat, covered, on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
8) Serve in a bowl, along with salted crackers.