Traditional Beef Stew
|Cubed beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Carrots||4 , thinly sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and cut into cubes|
|Canned green peas||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a casserole dish, combine beef, 1 1/2 cups water, soup mix, carrots, potatoes and bay leaf. Mix well and cover the dish.
2) Microwave on high power for 13 to 15 minutes.
3) Cook again, covered, on low power for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until beef and vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in flour and peas, blended with the remaining water.
5) Microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes or until the stew is thickened. Stir as required.
6) Serve hot with crusty bread and some crispy green salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1680 Calories from Fat 507
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.7%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg93.8%
Sodium 3573.3 mg148.9%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.6 g114.4%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 120 g239.7%
Vitamin A 840.9% Vitamin C 194.6%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 96.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet