Traditional Beef Stew
|Cubed beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Carrots||4 , thinly sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and cut into cubes|
|Canned green peas||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a casserole dish, combine beef, 1 1/2 cups water, soup mix, carrots, potatoes and bay leaf. Mix well and cover the dish.
2) Microwave on high power for 13 to 15 minutes.
3) Cook again, covered, on low power for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until beef and vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in flour and peas, blended with the remaining water.
5) Microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes or until the stew is thickened. Stir as required.
6) Serve hot with crusty bread and some crispy green salad.