Culinary Carrie: Grilled Maple Brined Pork Chop Sandwich
|Pork chops||4 (1 ¼ in thick)|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Bread roll||4 (King’s Hawaiian bread)|
|For the brine|
|Apple cider||4 Ounce|
|Maple syrup||4 Ounce|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||1⁄2|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Kosher salt||2 1⁄2 Ounce (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), slice|
|Soy sauce||2 Ounce|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaves||2 Small|
1. Trim the pork chops of excess fat.
2. In a nonreactive container, combine water, apple cider, sugar, salt, soy sauce, maple syrup and fresh thyme.
3. Stir well until the salt and sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Add the pork chops to the brine, and allow brining for 2 hours or overnight, and allow to air dry before grilling.
5. Add the garlic and bay leaves at this point.
6. After 2 hours remove the pork chops and pay them on a paper towel.
7. Heat up your grill and season the pork chops with pepper and grill the chops 3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145 F.
8. Serve the pork chops as a sandwich.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.8 mg26.3%
Sodium 957.6 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet