1. Trim the pork chops of excess fat.
2. In a nonreactive container, combine water, apple cider, sugar, salt, soy sauce, maple syrup and fresh thyme.
3. Stir well until the salt and sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Add the pork chops to the brine, and allow brining for 2 hours or overnight, and allow to air dry before grilling.
5. Add the garlic and bay leaves at this point.
6. After 2 hours remove the pork chops and pay them on a paper towel.
7. Heat up your grill and season the pork chops with pepper and grill the chops 3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145 F.