Salmon Spinach Salad from Rosalie Serving Italian Cookbook
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillets||4 (Remove the skin if required)|
|For the salmon sauce|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, washed|
|Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roma tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), toast|
|White button mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Provel cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|For the dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet balsamic||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare a foil and place it on the pizza stone, lightly grease the foil with extra virgin olive oil.
2. Rinse the spinach three times under cold water, drain the excess water and keep the spinach in a colander.
3. Quarter the roma tomatoes and mushrooms, keep it aside until needed.
4. It is beetr to skin the salmon skin before or after cooking, whatever is easier.
5. Preheat the oven at 475 degree.
6. Place the salmon fillets in the foil, pork it with the fork.
7. Combine melted butter along with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
8. Drizzle the butter sauce over the salmon fillet and close the foil.
9. Bake it in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes on each side, or until the fillets looks white and flaky.
10. Place the spinach in a large serving bowl, add the sun dried tomatoes, roma tomatoes; toasted walnuts, white button mushrooms and shredded provel cheese.
11. In another bowl combine the extra virgin olive oil along with red wine vinegar and sweet balsamic.
12. Place the salmon fillet on top and drizzle the dressing, season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
13. Serve the salmon spinach salad fresh and crisp.
Toast the walnuts in the oven for 10 minutes if you like.
large serving bowl