|Butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
1. Make sure to preheat the oven to 400°F before you start making the pop-overs.
2. Generously grease 12 large muffin cups (preferable cast-iron) with the melted butter.
3. Arrange the greased cups on a baking sheet and place in the oven to warm.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs with milk and beat lightly until well blended.
5. Stir in salt and remaining (at least 1 tablespoon) melted butter.
6. Add flour in batches, beating well after each addition until batter is smooth and free of lumps. The batter should be the consistency of thick cream.
7. Spoon the batter between into the warmed muffin cups.
8. Bake in hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and risen
9. Remove from oven, turn out and place in a basket.
10. Serve the pop -overs immediately while hot, buttery and puffed.
11. Accompany them with butter, preserves or cream cheese if you like.