Profiteroles (Part 2): Sweet World #20
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coffee ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For chocolate sauce|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with piece of parchment paper and prepare a piping bag.
3. In a saucepan over medium high heat, put together the milk, water, butter, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Add the flour, reduce the heat to medium-low and stir with a wooden spoon until a light crust starts to form on the bottom of the pan. At his moment, keep stirring for 2 minutes more.
5. Transfer the dough into a mixing bowl. Using a hand-mixer, beat the eggs one at a time into the dough, until the mixture is smooth.
6. Put the dough into a piping bag and pipe out 12 rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving some space between each rounds.
7. With wet hands, pat down the tops of each dough rounds to make them smooth.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or golden brown in colour.
9. Transfer the baking sheet on a cooling rack and turn the puffs upside down and let it cool completely.
10. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
11. In a microwave proof bowl, put together half and half and butter. Heat the mixture for 1-½ minutes or until cream is hot.
12. Add in the chocolate and vanilla, and let it sit for 2 minutes without stirring.
13. After 2 minutes, whisk the chocolate into the cream until well combined.
14. Cut the profiteroles in half with serrated knife.
15. Fill the bottom part with ice creams and cover with tops.
16. Arrange 2 or 3 profiteroles in a dessert plate and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce to serve.
You can make the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it. When needed heat it in a microwave and use.