Mississippi Mud Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #20
|Semi sweet chocolate||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mini marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For chocolate glaze|
|Cocoa powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
4. In a microwave-proof bowl, melt the chocolate, by heating for 30 second bursts, stirring each time after heating, until smooth.
5. In mixing bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
6. Add in the eggs, 1 at a time and mix well after each addition.
7. Pour in the melted chocolate and beat until just combined.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
9. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, in the butter mixture, alternating it with sour cream, and beat well after each addition.
10. Slowly pour in the hot water and vanilla, into the batter while beating on a low speed until just combined.
11. Using cookie scoop, divide the batter equally into cupcake wells and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
13. Arrange some marshmallows on top of each cupcake.
14. Return the cupcakes back into the oven for about 5 minutes, or just until the marshmallows begin to turn golden brown.
15. Remove from oven and let the pan cool for 5 minutes.
16. Loosen the cupcakes, by running a small knife around the edges of the cakes and use a fork to lift out of the pan.
17. Place the cupcakes on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment.
18. For the glaze
19. In a small saucepan, heat butter, milk and cocoa to boil.
20. Take the pan off the from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
21. Drizzle the glaze over the cupcakes and then top with pecans.
22. Serve as desired.