Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #5
|Cake our||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||12 Tablespoon (divided in half)|
|For cream filling|
|Vanilla pudding mix||4 3⁄5 Ounce (ready to cook)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs) (2 % or whole)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For chocolate ganache glaze|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chip||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a bowl, mix both the ﬂours, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a microwave proof glass, heat milk and butter in the microwave for 10 seconds or until the butter melts.
5. Remove and add vanilla.
6. In 2 different bowls, separate 3 eggs, putting the whites in a bowl and the yolks in another bowl.
7. Beat the egg whites in a stand mixer using whisk attachment on high speed until foamy.
8. Add in 6 tablespoons of the sugar in small batches and continue to beat the whites until soft and moist peaks form.
9. Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl.
10. To the bowl with egg yolks, add 2 whole eggs.
11. Beat egg yolk mixture with remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are very thick and a pale yellow color.
12. Add the beaten egg yolk mixture to the egg whites bowl and fold lightly.
13. Sprinkle ﬂour mixture over beaten egg mixture and fold very gently 12 times with a large rubber spatula.
14. Make a well in one side of batter and pour milk mixture into bowl, and continue folding until batter is well combined.
15. Using a large ice cream scoop put the batter into the cupcake tin and bake for 12 minutes.
16. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and immediately run a knife around the cups to loosen the cupcakes.
17. Remove the cupcakes and let them cool on a wire rack.
For Pastry Cream Filling:
18.In a microwave proof bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk.
19. Heat the pudding mixture in microwave for 15 minutes, while heating stir every 5 minutes.
20. Remove the pudding mixture and allow it to cool.
21. In a mixer, whip together cream, sugar and vanilla until cream is stiffened.
22. Once pudding is cooled, fold 2 cups into the whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to ﬁll the cupcakes.
For Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
23. In small saucepan over low heat, heat cream, chocolate and corn syrup and stir until chocolate is melted.
24. Cut dime-sized circles out of the tops of the cupcakes.
25. In a zip lock bag, fill the pastry cream ﬁlling and cut the corner off.
26. Pipe the pastry cream into the cupcakes.
27. Spoon the glaze over the tops of the cupcakes, and refrigerate the cupcakes until ready to serve them.
28. While serving let the cupcakes sit out for 5-10 minutes. Serve as desired.