An oatmeal cookie sandwich with a creamy, dreamy center!
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cubed
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Quick cooking oats
2 Cup (32 tbs)
4 Tablespoon, cubed
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a food processor cream and brown sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the eggs and beat for about 2 minutes.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and oats.
4. Add this to the butter mixture and begin mixing. Immediately add the hot water and let mix until the dough just comes together.
5. Scoop 6-8 cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
6. Remove the parchment from the baking sheet and let cookies cool thoroughly on cooling rack.
For the filling-
7. Use a mixer, with the whisk attachment, and cream the butter and cream cheese.Add the Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla.
8. Then add powdered sugar and beat. Scrape the bowl down and mix until the filling is light and fluffy.
To Assemble the Cookies-
9. Take one of the cookies, turn it upside-down and place a dollop of filling in the center.
10. Take a 2nd cookie and place it over the filling. Lightly press the 2 cookies together, until you start to see the cream reach all around the edge of the Whoopie PIe.
11. Serve these delicious whoopie pies with your choice of beverages.
These cookies must be kept refrigerated because of the cream cheese filling. You could also wrap the cookies individually in plastic wrap, place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Creamy and jammy...that's the perfect blend to make these oatmeal cookie sandwiches filled with a rich jam filling. This video illustrates how to prepare this fine variety of jam filled cookies using three different types of jam. A very delicious and very addicting cookie. Pack them into the brown bags and make kids happy.