|Orange zest||1 Large, grated|
|Blueberries||2 Pint, picked over, washed and dried (Boxes)|
|Margarine||3 Tablespoon (Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
2. Take a 9 X 12-inch baking dish and spray with PAM.
3. In a bowl, combine the berries sugar and cornstarch and orange zest by tossing them together.
4. Put the mixture in the baking dish.
5. In another bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together
6. Add a pinch of salt to it and blend in the egg.
7. Now add milk and mix well.
8. Stir in the flour and baking powder and beat briefly and briskly for a thick, soft batter.
9. Add the lemon juice, grated zest, and nutmeg and toss gently to mix everything.
10. Spoon the batter over the berries in the baking dish, leaving about a one-inch of space on the side where the berries are visible – because batter spreads.
11. In the oven, bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden.
12. Serve warm with, if you want, frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt.