Baked Ginger Snaps
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Plus More For Rolling)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter, turn off the heat and stir in the molasses and vanilla, then keep aside to cool.
3) In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
4) Add the egg into the cooled butter mixture and stir into the dry ingredients, mix well.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes, until slightly firm.
6) In a small bowl place sugar, roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms begin to brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then transfer on a wire rack to cool down.
8) Store in an airtight container and serve when desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3375 Calories from Fat 1361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g238.3%
Saturated Fat 95 g475.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 598.5 mg199.5%
Sodium 3354.5 mg139.8%
Total Carbohydrates 471 g157.1%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 249.3 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 95.9% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 103.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet