Beignets Creole Doughnuts
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sifted flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Ounce|
1. In a pan pour boiling water over shortening, sugar and salt.
2. Add milk and let it stand such that warm.
3. In warm water dissolve yeast, add to milk mixture with the beaten egg and beat in 2 cups flour.
4. In a greased bowl add enough flour to make a soft dough and place.
5. Grease the top of dough, cover with waxed paper and a cloth and chill such that ready to use.
6. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness and not let it rise before frying.
7. Make squares out of the dough and fry, a few at a time, in deep hot fat at 360 degrees F browning on one side, turning and browning on other.
8. Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
9. Serve as desired.