1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the peaches and keep it aside.
3. Melt the stick of butter in a glass baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and baking powder.
5. Combine milk and vanilla, add it to the dry ingredients and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
6. Pour batter evenly over the melted butter in the pan.
7. Spread peaches out evenly over batter in the pan.
8. Bake for 30-45 minutes.
9. Serve the delicious peach cobbler after a hearty dinner.